What a sad world we now live in.......

What a sad world.....

Had to go to our local Wal-Mart for something for the wife and thought would check out CD,s while here.

Could not find them so asked where to be told they had decided to stop selling them in-store.

In fact the whole electronics section looked bare and desolate.

Pretty sure a sign of the buy online times we now live in.
128x128uberwaltz
Go to "Presto Classical" and you ll'find a lot of the best CD-SACD of cassical and jazz music at good price.
Blind listening tests on my rig proved Tidal sounds as good and sometimes better than my ripped CDs. Innuos Zen III. My ripped CDs sounded as good as my past CD transport/dac combo....PS Audio Perfect Wave Memory Player. Ended up selling off all my CDs. Nice space saver and clutter reducer. I thought I would miss my CDs, but it turns out I never even think about CDs anymore.

Searching for new music on Tidal is like shopping online for me. I avoid the crowds, hassle and exhausting shopping experience of brick and mortar stores. More time to ride my bike 😄.

"Change is inevitable, growth is optional"
               George Maxwell

I enjoy listening to the LP's and CD's that I have, but find myself streaming music about 90% of the time. Internet radio has provided a wide range of musical options from all over the world. It sounds fine to me through my outdated streamer, through a decent DAC, to my entry level stereo system (or high end mid-fi?). I just like listening to music.
Post removed