What 2 channel Amp would you Buy for $6k?

I plan on spending no more than $6k for power amp (tube or SS), but would like to hear from others what amp they’d get. I’ve done plenty of research, but honestly, I’m burn’t out and now would like to hear from others.
roddyboy
If your burnt out from your research maybe try approach from the other end.  Are there any speakers you particularly like (sonically)? Here in England (UK), there are many who like the ATC speakers and will seek out amplifiers which would go well in synergy with the speakers in order to get that sound (glorious midrange)...  Its just another approach.
@roddyboy The MC501’s have been replaced with the MC601’s but you would be hard pressed to hear that much of a difference, or so I was told by a McIntosh rep. They had a trade up program not too long ago and I inquired about upgrading to the MC601's and was told by the McIntosh rep that it really wasn't going to be worth the extra money. How's that for honesty from a manufacturer! The MC501’s sold for $ 11,000.00/pair and the MC601’s sold for $ 14,000.00/pair. Used, the 501’s go between $ 5,500.00/pair to $ 6,500.00. The 601’s are in the $ 8,000.00 to $ 9,000.00/pair range.
First I would like to prematurely thank you Michaela. I'm leaning towards the MC501 amp, but there's something that's been bothering me a little. Why do you think so many people getting rid of them? I mean a lot!
Roddyboy,

I use VTL 450 tube amps with B&W 801 Series 3 speakers.  In the past, I have used Classe CAM 300 SS amps with the 801's. If you are into hard pounding bass tubes may not be the way to go with your speakers.  Don't get me wrong tube gear do bass great but it just lacks a bit of a punch with most of the tube gear I've used.  The Classe amps I had, had good bass a nice mid range but the upper frequencies seem a slightly recessed or maybe veiled presentation best describes it better. Recently, I purchased my first Mcintosh gear, a C2500 Pre-Amp and love it, I don't know what there amps sound like but if they anywhere near a nice the pre's I'd think hard about Mc amps