Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller

Showing 4 responses by avanti1960

@big_katydid 
yes they look exactly like my former Harbeth C7ES3,  But that is where the similarities end.  
@jbhiller
Are you saying the Lintons have more bass than the Klipsch Forte III?

I heard both extensively at AXPONA a few weeks ago and the Lintons has absolutely no bass or warmth, they were all midrange and sounded lo-fi and awful IMHO. The ForteIII sounded huge and full range and were one of my favorites. They could rock the house down.
No disrespect or offense but I simply cannot understand how you could come to such a conclusion.
@buddy1234what kind of sound are you after ?  
I have heard a number of those speakers and of those i like the Bryston.  however i personally would save or look for harbeth p3esr.  
They aren't even close and it might not be about quality- it's about voicing.  They are voiced differently and I prefer the Harbeth sound by a mile.