Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary

I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 for a bedroom system and I'd rather like the sound of them, except the vinyl veneer is pretty low quality. Wharfedale announced a few months ago that the were going to released an 80th anniversary version of their Denton with reel wood veneer which I am very curious about, but it's almost impossible to find any dealer for these in the US !

Have anyone had/listened to these speakers?
jaytea

Showing 1 response by wim1983

@chrisr Try again with Fostex HP-A3, Class D Audio SDS series power amp, Blue Jeans Canare 4S11, I’ve listened to the speakers for years, I found almost nothing to complain, you crank loud without sounding harsh, I mean unlike some speakers that sound violent when you turn up the volume knob, you wont’s hear annoying noise tone even from poorer recording, try to play a whole concert of Joe Hisaishi at Budokan, you know what I mean, be it bass, mid, high, all music genre, except extreme dynamic volume for some subwoofer bass freq. band, which I dun think most music listen will be a problem, and for those who does not seem to enjoy this speakers, I can only think of due to gear mismatch or personal taste preference. Recently I purchased a pair of my first floorstander Q Acoustics 3050, it sound pretty unforgiving on some recording materials, bass can be a bit overpowering, could be due to still need time to break in, I conclude the Wharfedale Denton is hard to beat at 499, sound, craftsmanship, heritage, value, did I miss anything else? Oh, I only love the walnut wood venere of this limited edition Wharfedale, not a fan of the mahagony finish