Wharfdale Denton Anniver spks. Excellent or hype?

Looking for a monitor, I happened to run across an ad on Music Direct, and Amazon.com, etc for Wharfdale's DENTON speaker celebrating its 80th Anniversary year.

The company claims it has filled this speaker with new technology but a "Retro" look to recall their earlier years of audio. However, has any member made the investment in these "gems"??? ( btw, which have received excellent reviews for smoothness accuracy and detail, and naturalness), or is this just a distracting hype.

BTW, some TESTIMONIALS AND REVIEWS make a strong pitch for the speakers's enjoyable sound on almost all genres of music.... Hard to believe for $500!!!!!!
sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by wim1983

@Sunnyjim: No hype, the Denton could be the last best value speakers that ever exists, attractive and beautiful craftsmanship, and most important musical sound, the speakers already been designed to enjoy a wide range of music without harshness, it's sound close to LS 3/5, but better fun bass. You just need some transparent gears include CD player, DAC and amp. It need clean power to sound best, though it still can sound with something like Marantz PM6005, but will sound a bit less clarity in treble and distortion handling. I own several Wharfedale speakers include Diamond 122, Jade 3, so far the Denton is the best value for me, I can spend whole day to listen to music, and stare at them, lol. But of course the Denton got some dynamic limitations due to the driver size, I'm still looking a better dynamic version of larger Denton, xD
@Sunnyjim: hmm, I'm a bit regret to buy Jade 3 frankly, but I can't conclude that it's a bad speakers, it's sound very very flat, neutral, free of color, transparent, but too much revealing for me, it sound best for most state of the art recordings, the way it present the sound is very neat, but some old vocal tracks with higher background noise or instrumental music sensitive to cymbal and treble is ruthlessly revealing to my ears, which bother much to me, create a noisy effect kinda to me. Not that the Denton is free of fatigue 100%, but it sound does not cross the borderline, and works very very good most of the high freq. tracks even, just nice and musical. Hope that give some thuoghts. Between, I'm eagle to hear what you hear from Elac Debut B6. Good luck to your speaerks hunt!