Were you an audiophile in the 1980s and 1990s?

If so you will probably recognize a lot of the anecdotes in my new book about the music, the equipment and behind the scenes in some of the audio journals.  It's "The Lucky Audiophile - Anecdotes from High End Audio".

"Mike Kuller’s book, part autobiography, part musical history, chronicles his life and journeys in the world of high-performance audio during the 1980’s and 1990’s with Harry Pearson and The Absolute Sound magazine. His reminisces bring back memories of what could be considered the “Golden Age” of audio. His concert lists document many of the important and influential artists of the last thirty years. If you ever wanted to peer behind the curtain of The Absolute Sound during its heyday, give Mike’s book a read."  Steven Stone, reviewer and columnist for The Absolute Sound and FutureAudio.com

"It's a fascinating and engrossing tale of the journey he has taken.  An enjoyable read."   John Atkinson, Technical Editor Stereophile

https://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Audiophile-Anecdotes-High-End-Audio/dp/B0BT79V6SS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3C11H2HWOXJ9T&keywords=lucky+audiophile+book&qid=1678391980&sprefix=%2Caps%2C410&sr=8-1

mikekuller

Showing 1 response by jonwolfpell

Some great memories here, thanks all. 

I grew up in the 60’s w/ big Bozak speakers & Dynaco  amps ( my Dad’s), then into Large Advents in the 70’s ( one pair & then two stacked), then Snell A- II’s w/ an really nice Amber power amp. It wasn’t until I heard Proac EBS speakers powered by a Jadis preamp & Conrad Johnson Premier One tube amps at Audio Vision in Arlington, MA in the early 80’s that I really began to understand what natural , 3 dimensional sound reproduction was all about . Wound up w/ that system & a SOTA Sapphire turntable w/ a Souther Linear tracking arm ( pain in the … to set up & keep aligned). Eventually got a Basis turntable / SME arm & never looked back.