Well tempered gta and Allnic 1201 which cartridge?

I currently am using a Hana el and assume that’s my weak link considering my new table and phonostage.

any users of both?

thanks
52tiger

Showing 3 responses by fjn04

If the Allnic has an SUT built in, perhaps an EMT Tsd-75 would be a nice match. I wrote the company recently and asked about Koetsu, and did receive a response. It was unspecific, other than a confirmation that many cartridges were used successfully due to damping. It may come down to your preferences. I have two Amadeus tables, a standard MDF, and the GTA. I am using a wood bodied Denon 103... a true bargain, especially for music with a lot of drive. Also a Tsd-15, which is an excellent cartridge. I've used a 20X2-L successfully in the past, so perhaps you may want to consider XX-2 or above. 
I haven't on the Amadeus. The VDH would be an interesting option. My guess is more open, and exacting than the Tsd-15. I assume that would hold true with the tsd-75. I think the Tsd strikes a nice balance with a big bold sound, but still with good resolution. The Denon with ruby stylus not quite as resolved, but nice drive, sort of bottom to top sound. Very full sounding, and forgiving of less than stellar rock recordings. A real nice cartridge for rock, but with the best recordings like Aja or Love Over Gold, one may crave more resolution. I have not owned VDH in too many years to give an informed opinion. It was MC-1 special or MC 10 special, on a Basis/Graham combo. 
I think the EMT line fly's under the radar...Certainly in the states. Did you get the Brinkmann EMT?  Does the Allnic have a built in SUT? Not that you will need it, but most MC tube phono sections do employ SUT's.