Weak point in this analog system ?

Hi everybody ! I run my analog show with the following system:
Scheu premier MK II
Sme 309
Denon dl 103
Linn Linto phono stage.

Would you pls advise me where to start to improve it ?
Many thanks
ad010685

Showing 6 responses by ad010685

My system is composed by a DIY tube preamp named Euridice based on 417a tubes+Mc 402 power amp and soundlab A-3 speakers.

My feeling about the possible improved is based on my memory. I heard the same set up with a Audio research ph1 phono stage and to my memory the sound was thicker and more real.
Base on this I believe that the Linto shall probably be upgraded but being a well repute phono stage I am guessing when this is a good move.

Overall the analog rig sounds all right but I still believe there is margin to improve.
The room is 7x10mters .
Hope I gave some info that originally forgot to mention.
Many thanks
Many thanks for your intense help (2 responses in short notice)
I think you caught my feeling with your second response. (a little more flesh on the bones)
In fact you are absolutely right, I evaluated Whest, Evans and Graham before getting the linto.
I go the linto because got a good price offer from a friend. At that time I skipped the Evans because they were not responding to my mail+the web site was down for too much time (does not give a good feeling usually)
The Whest was nice but still too short on the market for my judgement.
The Graham, yes I was next to buy it by they advised me to do change the denon for another cart to get the best out of their stage. They were great people, but at that time I was still too in love with the denon, stupid me maybe. They also advised me the same cart MMM you advised me. The great thing about them was that the final package (I was saving on the step up)was cheaper than the otiginal combi denon+step up+phono stage.
I will remind them this time to my mind.

To complete, honestly I believe the linto cab ne improved because when i inserted it in the system, I was expecting too great things but it only marginally bettered my treshold phono stage, a nice desing but too old.
I am not too god in describing the sound i hear and the one I like, maybe th linnto is simply not my cup of tea?
Thank to all of you, as usual patience enough to invite people to post.
Cheers from Italy
Daniel
Yours are just opinions. I haven't picked-up your thoughts for the same reason.
Over all the posts yours has no contribution to the discussion.
Sorry
Bye
4yank, I accept your point. I also apologize for not being capable of appreciate English nuances. In fact I am Italian and not a fine English speaker !
Cheers