We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
Whoa! Hey! Whatever happened to freedom of choice? If I bought a component with a pre-installed fancy fuse in it I would almost certainly replace it. At a minimum I’d reverse it to check for directionality, not that I don’t trust manufacturers. Cough, cough.  Audiophiles don’t necessarily want the manufacturer making the decision for Fuses OR Power Cords, but thanks anyway.
Not even sure how worthwhile it is to add my latest experience here, likely to just get shot down in flames!
But here goes, and yes this is copy and paste from SR Blue thread as I lazy.....

Well here goes
Back home today from a week working in Orange County and both my new OPPO UDP205 and SR Blue fuse were waiting for me.
Inserted said Blue into Goldnote PH-10 phono stage and left it on just to warm through a bit.

Played vinyl I am very familiar with and......

IMHO there is an increased feel of depth to the music overall, female vocals and acoustic guitars have more definition, bass just feels tighter, not deeper or louder but, well just more. Instruments seem easier to pick out of the mix, more defined overall.
Really hard to describe adequately but a definite improvement all round, and this is brand new out of the box, 1 hour play time.
I would prefer if manufacturers used circuit breakers instead of fuses.  My 2 phono stages and 2 of 3 pre-amps are unfused.  Only my CD players and amps are fused.  I've heard my amps with SR blue fuses and the same amps with circuit breakers instead and they sounded very similar, couldn't choose what the differences were other maybe than dynamics were better with circuit breaker amps.
FUSE Fanatics Rejoice! Good news- and REAL :)
”LITTELFUSE Hosts  Speed2Design Tech Talks at NASA”.  Just Google it. 
So - is it possible the little fuse company,that operates in a manner such that they can so closely associate with NASA, can produce fuses suitable for your treasured, but earthbound stereo? “ Charlatans” were not invited. 
Uh, NASA was developing advanced fuses for space missions 🛰 when you were still wearing bell bottoms. Besides, didn’t you get the memo? Bussman is the latest “official fuse company” to jump on the audiophile bandwagon with their $400 offering.