We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
mikexxyz23 posts03-24-2018 8:47am@georgehifi - Yes, I was kidding.

+1 Sorry must of misunderstood your post.
I was worried that you were going to be the very first here of the technically experienced, that got swayed to the "snake oil" side.

Cheers George
mikexxyz
I think its a mischaracterization to say jealousy drives some of the naysayer comments. Personally, I know that other people can hear better than I can - no problem. Likewise, I have no problem with people of means buying whatever they like. What is troubling is the misrepresentation of the benefits of these dubious products.

>>>>Huh? Whoa!! First, no one accused anyone of jealousy. Where did you come up with that? We DO accuse them of being pseudo skeptics since real skeptics would actually attempt to get to the bottom of all this fuse business instead of shooting from the hip and from the comfort of their Barco Lounger. Second, no one has misrepresented the benefits of the aftermarket fuses. Haven’t you been following? Talk about shooting from the hip. What HAS been misrepresented is the notion that “well designed amps” are immune to the benefits of aftermarket fuses and some sort of mumbo jumbo nonsense that science can’t explain why aftermarket fuses work better than an ordinary fuses.

It appears Harbeth in their wisdom copied the business model for blind test scams set forth by The Amazing Randi and his Education Foundation. Cough, cough!
The owner of Harbeth Speakers has an interesting challenge that he has offered for years.

Certain folks here on Agon get all bent-out-of-shape at the mere thought of a "challenge".