We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
@nonoise,

It’s best to ignore people like georgehifi...as you can see wherever he goes he brings along his cart of litter. 

He is nothing more than a ‘sweeper’ who keeps collecting dirt off internet and takes pride and joy in spreading the same litter in our forums 😉
I admit I shouldn't have responded but George has infected many threads here on A'gon. Just one look at some of the topics here show him as a crasher and a bully. He spares no one and it just got to me. Sure, he has an opinion as valid as anyone but it's his abusive nature that got the better of me. 

Like Doug, I will now ignore any and all of his comments and get back to my normal duties as the average audiophile, here for the fun of it. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise
GeorgeHiFi: It’s is clear to some of us that you don’t understand the limitations of the current state of audio engineering. Guys like Nelson Pass are OK as designers go but are not thorough and detailed enough to bring a complete solution to market. This is left for others to do. I mean why wouldn’t Pass Labs sell their products with the proper power cord and fuses as a complete OEM solution? Why is it left up to the customer to re-engineer the product? Thankfully, there are more qualified exponents who can recommend the correct peripherals to rectify these oversights.
@georgehifi  You make a good point regarding the aging of fuses.  I don't think we have considered the degradation they endure by the turn on - turn off process over time.  As someone who has had to run a lot of aging tests in the electronic materials we developed and produced, ran them against our competition, and saw the ill effects, I should have put 2 and 2 together.

Regardless of whether you believe in the efficacy of using better materials in fuses, fuse direction, or just use the typical off the shelf fuse, it's probably a good idea to think of fuses more like our engine oil, and regularly change them.

Hope we can come to the point where we're not so dug in on either side so as to lose sight of the worth of each person, let alone hear what they have to say.

@douglas_schroeder Just wanted to tip my hat to you for the way you've conducted yourself in this thread.  Great job!