We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder

georgehifi, I would appreciate it if you showed more respect toward me as the OP. You have thus far suggested that I have ulterior motives tied to sales of fuses, and now are overtly calling this a "snake oil" thread, as though I started it with ill intent.

Some facts for you; I don't give a rip about how many fuses any particular comapny sells, as this is completely independent of any activity I pursue privately or as a reviewer. My writing is detached from the marketing and sales of any company whose product I review. The one perk I get is industry accommodation pricing on products. I fail to see how that should motivate me to endorse a class of products if they don't work well. It's not good for my reputation if I back junk. So, I don't back junk.

In this instance I bought fuses as would any audiophile from a local dealer, paying the going rate. I was not ready to invest a lot of time to conduct a review if fuses were not efficacious. I had no incentive to promote fuses one way or the other; I wanted to discover whether they had efficacy in system building. I have learned through handing products that it's the best way to tell whether a class of product is worth pursuing.

I was exploring this for my own benefit, then for the community's benefit. So, it's been my extra time, my money expended for this. I didn't get some fuses free, then direct people to a manufacturer. It seems you have jumped to some conclusions that are unwarranted.

Now, if you want to call fuses as such "snake oil" I can't stop you. But, please don't impugn my good intent with smearing the thread with accusations of promotion of snake oil. For your information, I likely will pursue fuses further, because the use of only one fuse of two variants in a power supply on a DAC has proven highly efficacious. If you don't want to believe me that's ok. I can't force you to try an aftermarket fuse. I'm not going to malign you because you don't believe it. But, at least give me some respect for having good intent and above board practices.

I envision that the day could come when we become fast friends here! I don't think that's too far fetched, as it has happened several times before. I would rather not be combative, but have friendly discourse. I have found that the cost of the fuse at about $50 conferred an equivalent change to many expensive cables, and even components. Do I know how? Not at all. Even engineers don't know how. But, it's easily heard - and do mean easily by most people.

So, iI'm requesting some respect in this matter. Now, if you feel in your certainty that you do not need to respect me, nor anyone else who supports aftermarket fusues, then I think  I'm done speaking with you.  :)

Finally; to the community - PLEASE, this is a quagmire, as I said previously. Belittling and ragging at people will accomplish NOTHING toward getting them interested in exploring alternative system setups. Let's be cordial and invite some good exchange. If georgehifi wishes to contact me and see if we live near enough to have him visit, I would be happy to have a fuse swap session to show him what I'm experiencing. :)

@nonoise,

It’s best to ignore people like georgehifi...as you can see wherever he goes he brings along his cart of litter. 

He is nothing more than a ‘sweeper’ who keeps collecting dirt off internet and takes pride and joy in spreading the same litter in our forums 😉
I admit I shouldn't have responded but George has infected many threads here on A'gon. Just one look at some of the topics here show him as a crasher and a bully. He spares no one and it just got to me. Sure, he has an opinion as valid as anyone but it's his abusive nature that got the better of me. 

Like Doug, I will now ignore any and all of his comments and get back to my normal duties as the average audiophile, here for the fun of it. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise
GeorgeHiFi: It’s is clear to some of us that you don’t understand the limitations of the current state of audio engineering. Guys like Nelson Pass are OK as designers go but are not thorough and detailed enough to bring a complete solution to market. This is left for others to do. I mean why wouldn’t Pass Labs sell their products with the proper power cord and fuses as a complete OEM solution? Why is it left up to the customer to re-engineer the product? Thankfully, there are more qualified exponents who can recommend the correct peripherals to rectify these oversights.