We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
cakids
Stands to reason because the entire audio signal, at very low level, passes through each fuse.

Uh, let’s be fair. The full AC signal passes through fuses located where the AC enters the component. That’s not (rpt not) a very low level signal. Or even a low level signal. You could also say fuses located in speakers, where the signal enters them, does not (rpt not) pass a very low level audio signal. Gee, you could almost say fuses are not really required for very low level signals since low level signals can’t harm the electronics. 😛
Geoffkait,
I guess I don’t understand your comments. The fuses are there to protect the circuit in case of component failure, not to protect against the low level music signal. The effect on the music signal is an unintended consequence - which could be large or small dependind on the circuit and fuse design.
At any rate, in my system I hear a definite improvement by “upgrading” the fuses through which the audio signal flows. Replacing the main power fuse does not seem to improve the sound.
Hey, that’s the way it goes sometimes. Did you try reversing the fuse in the AC line?  Most people hear the effect of fuses in the AC path by the way. 
"It appears to be a common misconception that high end fuses have to expensive. That simply isn’t true, you know, no matter how hard they beat the drum. In fact the Cable Company page for fuses indicates many or maybe most high end fuses are less than $50."

This is the most shocking audiophile statement I have seen in decades. I thought I was inured to being surprised, but I was wrong. (Just in case you are wondering, I think $50 for a fuse is absurd, and to be told it isn't expensive, is laughable).
Do you live in a tree house? Besides, I said hi end fuses start at $5 and many are around twenty bucks. Uh, can’t you read?