Watt Puppy 7 with Pass X250.5?

Has anyone tried or heard this combination before? I'm considering buying a pair of 7's to upgrade from my VR4jr's. Would I be as happy with the low end response as I am now with the Jr's? I'm looking for a wider deeper soundstage with a nice low end.
spenceroo

Showing 1 response by gundam91

Like everything else, speaker choices are subjective. I've heard both of these speakers at Hi-End shows. Can't say much about the WP7 as Wilson never allowed show attendees to play their personal CDs.

I have been impressed by USHER speakers. And as I am currently shopping for my next pair of speakers, the USHERs BE10, BE20 are on my short list next to Verity Parsifal and Hyperion 968. Of all the manufcturers at T.H.E. 2006 in L.A. last summer, these stood out the most in my budget range. (For those manufacturers that were MIA, you snooze, you loose)

As for the combo of WP7 and X250.5. I think the combination would be a good match. Many have described the Wilson speakers as somewhat lean, analytical, and cold sounding. I think the Pass will give it some warmth while not sacrificing the details, extension, and bass slam.

I currently uses the X350.5 to drive a pair of Thiel 3.6

FrankC