Watt Puppy 7 with Pass X250.5?

Has anyone tried or heard this combination before? I'm considering buying a pair of 7's to upgrade from my VR4jr's. Would I be as happy with the low end response as I am now with the Jr's? I'm looking for a wider deeper soundstage with a nice low end.
spenceroo

Showing 5 responses by audiooracle

You can get a far better speaker than the WP 7 for the same money.

I have posted here before this same information, but it bears repeating, there are many smaller audio companies which are producing world class products that can outperform many of the brand name products for less.

I am an Usher dealer and they make a $16,400.00 speaker which is a direct competitor to Kharma, Avalon, Wilson etc.

A Be 20 is a true reference grade speaker and it is affordable this is especially true, when you consider that the speaker uses a pure Beryillium tweeter and midrange, as well as two 11 inch Eton woofers. Combine that in a cabinet which is 300lbs of solid birch,mdf, and damping materials you have a speaker which can compete with any $30,000.00 plus monster! I have heard them, I have installed them and yes they are that good!

Before you venture into a used WP consider the Usher's you might be very, very surprised!
Wake up and smell the coffe, spencerco I do not sell out of my territory and I don't even know where you live, and I am assuming you are not in my area!

The reason for mentioning this speaker is call your attention to a superior product and maybe save you some money, it is doubtful I would profit from your sale because again, I don't sell out of my territory.

I have sold WP for many years and they are indeed an excellent product, with that being said, there are waves of people who are making buying decisions with fresh eyes, these are people who value content.

Usher by the way is a larger company than Wilson and their speakers are hand made just like Wilsons.
Usher makes their own beryillium tweeters and midrange.
Usher uses the same woofers as Avalon, and Kharma.
Usher uses Jospeh D'appolito to design their crossovers.
Usher is famous for remarkable construction quality and is hardly considered Chinese crap, they are from Tiawan.

We delivered a pair of these speakers to a physician and his friend had a pair of $32,000.00 Avalon Eidilon Diamonds guess which one was the winner!

Close minded people will never discover anything new, and will fall into a trap which has blinded many people in this industry: they buy by name rather than content and in doing so miss out on really fantastic new products.

Yes support a company that changes a tweeter in a model and jacks up the price by 30%, as Dave Wilson drives his Ferrari to the bank, or support an import, yes true, but one whose company believes in making dreams affordable. It is your choice choose wisely.

Boy you guys are really tough! Anyone who offers you a bit of advice to check out a product is seen as hawking his wares.

I have recommended countless times products that I don't sell!

I have said BAT makes very good products, as well as Ayre, and I have never said a Watt Puppy isn't a good speaker, it is but there are alternatives like the Usher which is on par or just plain outperforms it and for less money! How do I know this I used to sell a boat load of Wilson's and I have set them up dozens of times, they are a very fine speaker but at the price points just plain over priced at $28k

The line I am lining my pockets is ridiculous, I do not sell out of territory and Usher does a good job of protecting their dealers, so it is very unlikly one of you fine chaps is going to come and see me anyway!

The fact of the matter is that if I was shopping for a product I would gladly solicit the guidance of my peers.

This is a "forum" is it not? When anyone takes out a page of advertiment in a magazine and proclaims X is great or consider Y it is to gain peoples attention, it is for the person to decide for themselves.

Whether of not you believe X is better than Y it is to your best interests to gain the perspective of someone who may just know more than you do.

I have been doing this professionally for twenty years, I am known in this industry by most of the companies out there, and I have sold and setup over the years hundreds of speakers, and I have taken apart and fixed most of them.

I know what is good, and for several of my customers who have taken the plunge and bought these wonderful speakers they have smiles from ear to ear.

I have very little to gain by calling your attention to these speakers unless you are in NJ or NY or some state close by and then please be my guest and stop by for a listen. A local Usher dealer might gain if someone reads the post and actually checked out these speakers, maybe someday one of you posters might actually take a listen and say "gee that guy was right and he saved me alot of dough."

If you guys want to play the name game and pay two to three times more than you have to please consider doing it your way.

How does this profit me? The answer is not one iota.
Please enjoy them at that price point they are a good deal, the "other" speakers costs $14,400 and $16,400 for their larger version. If you ever in your travels run across a pair I would love to hear your impression.

The whole idea of my post was to offer you an alternative that is reasonably priced which performs incredibly well which you may have enjoyed more.

You will be hearing a lot about this brand in the coming year, I guarantee you will see numerous reviewers hailing this product line as well as the AMR CD 77 I talk about as a new shift in the market, namely products which perform extraordinarily well and are affordable, it is a shame that for so many people who dream of Wilson would never be able to afford them unless they are used in the first place.

I love to buy and sell American whenever possible but I am also committed to finding mind blowing products that are affordable.

I am sorry is I "hijacked your thread."

As per Rwlary who must defend the Wilson's that he loves against all criticisim, know this I have sold and owned more WP than you can imagine! They do make an excellent product, have great service and believe in what they do, they have been a model for the industry as what is possible in engineering, but Wilson, Kharma, Avalon all charge an awful lot of money for their superb products, and in the end many people have fallen for the marketing of many of these companies in proclaiming that corian, methacrylite, carbon fiber is better than wood, mdf, lead and expoxies.

Performance shouldn't have to come down to how much it costs but how good it sounds.
Hey Khrys I did find that amusing!

As I said guys it is your money, the people who have heard and bought the BE series of Ushers know just how good they are.

I wish Usher had better ads, and made smaller speakers but look at the two reviews for them in the reviews section, and both guys thought the Usher's were in the same league as much more expenisve speakers that cost double to triple the price.

I know that in the next few years Usher will emerge to the reviews and limelight they deserve, Paul DiAppolito not included.