Warner Imaging ER 300 MSE

I recently purchased a pair of Warner Imaging ER 300 MSE's. These were in very limited production and as such very little info is available with the exception of the review in the October, 2000 issue of Soundstage.

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/warnerimaging_er300mse.htm

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who may have any experience with these.

I presently use them with a Thor TA2000 MK II preamp and B&W 802d's. The synergy couldn't be better. Its my understanding that they were voiced using a TA 1000 pre from Thor.

It was brought to my attention that they share some similar design philoshy to the Dartzeel NHB 108 in its circuitry and use of bipolar transistors although not exactly the same.

Would also be curious to know if these share a similar break-in time to the Dartzeel, which from my reading is around 600 hours. These are around the 200 hour mark and are definitely evolving.

Thanks in advance for any comments or observations.
thorobread
Sorry, I haven'tlogged in for a couple of years and the system had my old email address.
I have the schematic. I'm one of the original design engineers that worked with Emil on this.

Dan
Tomanoid, Are you familiar with a model VTE400DM amplifier made by Warner Imaging? A neighbor has one that he wants to sell me but he's asking a lot and since I've never heard of this company could you offer any comments or help?
Hi Dan,

I just checked back on this thread and saw you recently responded to it.
I have the VTE 300M
Both amps have blown and I would love to have them repaired. Can you repair them or furnish a schematic?

Stewbee
[email protected]
vogletome

Hi great amps but if they go down no one knows how to repair them.
i am in that boat now. $3500 worth of boat anchors. Sickening.
stewbee
Hi Dan

Sure you don't remember me I drove Emil to your home after he shut down Warner Imaging a few years back, and we worked together for a Defense Contractor. I still own my 3 Warner Amps the 2 ER300M's and the Stereo VTE200. You owned the smaller black monoblocks at the time. Mine have worked great for me, but after resting for long periods of time I put them on a variac by habit. One local shop in Baltimore "Just Audio" did do a minor adjustment after all these years and commented it was the sweetest solid state amplifier he has ever heard. Noone had the schematic so I put both amps in the shop together so he could piggy back off the other in case there was a problem, but none after all this time. There are a few out there just 20 total ER300's were produced. After all this time the caps are the culprits for sure if not used regularly. Just my thoughts!

Kevin