Warmer CD sound sought - MCD 301 or 500 or REF CD7

As much as I have enjoyed my Levinson 390S for many years now, I am finding that I prefer a warmer sound. I am considering McIntosh's MCD 301 & MCD 500, and the ARC REF CD7. I realize these 3 players purchased new are quite different from each other in price. What I am looking for is input from any who have compared two or more of these, and for those who have, what differences did you discern? And since the subject players cover a large price range, I would also be happy to learn about other recommendations, especially toward the lower end of the $3000 to $9000 price range.

I listen to vocals, jazz, solo instrumental, classical, some rock, and a little blues. The rest of my primary system is Levinson gear driving Sonus Faber Auditor M's with a REL B-2.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/suggestions anyone can share!

Steven
4musica44107

Showing 1 response by coolhand

Agreed, no need to spend that kind of $$....the Rega Saturn is a world class red book spinner, no tubes to fart around with, just leave it on 24/7 for best sound...zero digital nastiness and sublime musical fluidity and weighty sound, plenty of detail and harmonic definition.
Don't let it's price fool you, I've put it up against many of the so called best and with $15K in my pocket for a digital source, I took the Saturn......