Warm-up time.

It takes about an hour of loud playing for my system to come to life, whether it's digital or analog.
i was wondering if it's the amp or the preamp that needs the warm-up, or both.
i have a vintage modified CJ preamp, and modified NuForce Class D mono blocks.
128x128rvpiano
Everything needs a warm up: Speaker surrounds, phono cartridges, amps, preamps. Every dang thing! 
It takes 2-4 hours for my high-end SS amp and high-end valve CD / DAC system to warm up to hit its peak performance capabilities. It is a very common practice, especially with tubes.

But it does not involve playing it loud, or even playing it all during this start-up ""warm-up" logistics exercise. Rather  just letting it all calmly warm up slowly on its own and actually leaving it alone suffices. 

I'm puzzled by the OP's gear requirement to crank it up as his required modus operandi. 
It takes my rig about 40 minutes to start sounding awesome, an hour gets me where I want to be.  On vinyl, I hear improvement after the 1st side.  After a 2nd side, its pure bliss.  
In your tube component especially, warmup is essential to prime listening. The nodes must be burning for a while before the electrons fly across those gaps in a smooth unwavering flow. Keeping the component on all the time can keep your electric meter spinning as it can generate much heat, depending upon the tube type. But you wouldn't have to remember ahead of time to turn it on.