Warm/Forgiving AES/EBU digital cable less then $1000

Hello Audiogon'ers...

I am looking for a warm/forgiving AES/EBU cable to hold me over for a bit while upgrades slowly come to fruition.

Anyone have any suggestions?
flip49er
Yesterday I installed a Cardas aes / ebu and was amazed how good it sounds. Warm but not lacking in detail with a laid back perspective. It replaced a Kimber Orchid ( all silver) which I loved. The kimber was great with Golden Ear Triton 1's. But not the Monitor Audio Gold 300's (5 g latest version) where the Cardas excells. A number of them on the used market. My suggestion is to try one, I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it.
If the digital cable makes a big difference, you might consider changing your DAC. I used to hear things like that when digital was new, but it’s been decades since I could detect meaningful differences among digital cables, whether AES3 (the new name for AES/EBU), S-PDIF, or even USB cables.

I thought I must be mistaken, until I read that Steve Hoffman (well-known mastering engineer) flat-out stated he couldn't hear any differences among digital cables.

Mike, I guarantee if I switched between my Kimber and Cardas cables you'd hear a distinct difference. Hoffman would as well. Not to be rude, but if you don't you guys must be deaf.