Warm and Wet cables?

Nothing Dirty....sorry.

I've got a system that is analytical with neutral to slightly hot treble but with deep tight bass.

On great smooth recordings (Chesky) I'm in heaven, on rolled off recordings I'm happy, on bright recordings... ouch .. A little to much.

I want to try and go for a more forgiving sound with a cable change. I think what I'm looking for is a warmer but also wetter sound without losing the tight bass.

I need 1m RCA, one 3m XLR, and an 8ft Biwire speaker cable.

I've seen mention of Harmonic Tech Truthlinks and NBS monitor series.

Any thing else?

Thanks.
nikturner920

Showing 3 responses by nikturner920

Good point.

Rotel 971 cd

Sim Audio P-5 Pre

Bryston 3b-st Amp

PMC AB2 speakers

Connections are
RCA >> XLR >> Speaker wire

Current cables are Tara labs 55 rca, DH labs BL1 xlr, Alpha core goertz pythons MI2 speaker cables

Thanks for the responses.

I'll take a look at Sonoran, XLO, and acoustic zen as well as Harmonic Technology.

Nice system SD. I think that you are right in saying that my system is fairly neurtal and it may be the accurate picture which I'm not happy with on some recordings. I didn't want to use the word 'bright' (like older adcom of NHT stuff) because that is not the problem. I've listened to bright systems and they usually sound that way on all recordings. I am focusing on the treble since on lesser recordings with poor bass I am not bothered, but sizzling hi hats makes me want to change cds.

I am actually starting to consider an EQ or tone controls, which is a big step since I'm kind of a minimalist guy when it comes to audio. Something in the tape loop would allow me to only adjust things when needed. Ideas?

I like accuracy, otherwise I wouldn't have the system that I do. Just feel like I'd be happier with things a bit more forgiving so I can enjoy more of my music collection. I guess trading off on my top 10% of recordings for the bottom 50% is what I'm getting at.

Cheers

Forgot to mention that my PMC ab2 speakers are 6ohm. Read a couple posts where people describe alpha core speaker cable as better with 2-4 ohm speakers.

Anyone have experience with this?

Nik