Walsh Ohm 100 MKII; anybody owned these?

I understand that Ohm has recently begun shipping their Walsh speakers with their new Series 3 drivers. I am interested in trying out a pair of their Walsh 100 MKII's (pairing it with my Unison Research Unico integrated) and am wondering if anybody has any experience and impressions of these speakers, and what kind of amps they pair best with? I am interested to know what improvements the series 3 drivers bring to the Ohm's, I plan on speaking to John about it sometime this week.
glitch947

Showing 1 response by musicbox78

To Glitch...I"m breaking in a pr. of Ohm 100 series 3 at present. Sound is Fantastic! I shipped my 2"s in for the 100mkII upgrade at $695.00 pr. and to my SURPRIZE actually got the series 3. John says they been shipping the 3 series since late 2005. They sound thunderous in thier bass response...my 20x12 audio room. The midrange is just sit for hours&hours with a smile. Beautiful ease of presentation. High end utterly clean of any artifacts that dull the shimmer of brushs,cymbols, percussion etc. I would buy these at the asking price of $900.00 in a min. My system consists of: PS audio 200c amp(breaking-in) from the original designer-Rick Cullen, who rebuilt it for me.Awesome power amp! Rogue 99 magnum preamp, MSB gold linc III w/power supply into a Monarchy DSP, Kenwood 8300 tuner. All cables/wire almost totally Signal Cable..soon to be. These spkrs(OHM)are the BEST deal in audio, and they stand behind what they sell! Going in for mkII spkrs.. coming out with series 3. Thats CLASS! Highly recemended for smaller rooms. Musicbox78