Walking Into A Brick & Mortar High End Audio Store

I am currently pretty satisfied with my system the way it is right now. I am not in the market for any new purchases right now, mainly because I don't have the discretionary income to make big changes. However, sometimes I get the urge to want to go into a hifi store just to look. Eventually I will upgrade my speakers, cd player, preamp, a new dac for sure and may give class D amps a shot...but not right now.

Is it cool to go into a store just to look around, knowing you don't have the money or immediate need for an item?
128x128mitch4t

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Serious Brick & Mortar stores will know how to qualify you and your intention not to buy. If they do not, they would have been put out of business long ago. So, if you are near New York City, put yourself to the test by going into Lyric, on Lexington Avenue. Oh, be sure to bring your brokers monthly statement with you, otherwise they will know you are not a serious buyer. Lyric knows how to 'qualify'. As a 'relationship' store they want to visit your home to check out how 'serious' you are. Let us know.