WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd
I told my loving wife I wanted a sound system and the only place for it was in the living room. SO, Her response was, if I was going to take over the living room then she was going to have the bedroom, study, and kitchen. Since then she has been having uninterrupted sleeps since I am now cuddling my system.
If I want to purchase a piece of equipment, I have to figure on the cost being twice the actual amount, since she will usually find something she wants that is very close the amount I want to spend. That's fine with me.
I send my wife to Europe to visit her family every year, while I stay here and work, she gets a beautiful vacation..... last summer , she came back to find my new 6' tall horns in the living room, along with some new tube gear. I think she complained once..... once. Long story short, she was stunned when we listened to some pipe organ the other night, and she is constantly listening to them , and even spinning vinyl!!! We'll see how she feels when I inform her that I'm taking a vacation this year ... in Cuba. Ahhh... horns, vinyl, tubes, and cigars..... what's not to like??
So bigger is better for WAF, in some cases or is she compensating for a small TV?