Wadia i170 or Mac TV

I have an external Bel Canto dac 1.1 I would like to replace my Oppo CD player that I am using as a transport. I can use my ipod that is loaded up with apple loss files and mate it to the wadia 170. The second alternative is use MAC TV and use my iPod Touch (not the ipod) as a remote.
I was wondering what suggestions my fellow Audiogoner's might have, please advise and thank you in advance.
Bill
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2x2bgeorge

Showing 2 responses by 2bgeorge

Thanks Bikerduud and Hens for the feedback. The cable I am using is Audio-Magic Sorcerer single coax. I am not sure what the differnce is between that and SPDIF digital output. The manufacturers lit says RCA and Toslink, but there are no AES/EBU or other fiber optic options available on the DAC. I guess that would preclude the Apple TV setup.

As far as jitter control the manual says it does have "high frequency jitter elimination" and that the current generation of DVD players have a 16mb SDRAM FIFO buffer that will resolve low jitter.

So it sounds like the Wadia is the better choice? If so I will not use my ITouch as a remote?

Any further comments are welcome, Thanks again.