Wadia 861 VS Wadia 270 + 27IX VS Wadia 7 + 9

Can anybody describe me the difference between those 3 excellent CD players ?
Wadia 861 VS Wadia 270 + 27IX VS Wadia 7 + 9
THX
rademaker
Not a lot to say here...other an the 27/270 is about the best you can get...the 861 is a little bit less and the 7/9 just older technology but likely better than anything is it's price range. If you like the Wadia sound, buy the best you can afford...
Jfrench:

Do you know the sonic differences between the 3 players?
There is a used 7 and 9 combo here on the site. Is it competitive by today's technology standards ? How about the sonic differences?

Thanks.
I haven't heard the 7/9 in years. So, I really can't compare it. The 27/270 is really about the best their is, just a different presentation than the DCS, Levinson or Accuphase gear. The 861 is absolutely one of the best one box players-competetive with any of the top ones today. Wadia in general is very detailed, great soundstage, great tonal balance-though a very slight roll off on the extreme top end-which I personally like with digital. Unless you have a referce caliber preamp, the Wadia's are usually killer direct to amp.
i owned a mint wadia 7/9,picked it up on a used shelf at a local(now closed)audio store for only 2,900.00--with original boxes,manual & even two remotes-big as a diner plate.brought it home and hooked it up,thought it would be a keeper,thought
i was going nuts when i put a classe cdp.3 up against it,the classe beat it by far.even had two serious audiophile gifted
with musical talents and ears;the two even confirmed i was right.i ended up selling it for only 4200.00,buyer was jumping up & down when he drove up and purchased the 7/9 system.i ended getting a wadia 861,did not like it,sold it
and now using a ref audio research cd8.