Wadia 860, Levinson & Aero Cap Direct into Amp

Has anyone compared any combination of these three players running direct into the power amp? Or even the Accuphase or Resolution Audio 21? If so what did you hear? I am looking for a natural and musical sound, that is not forward or bright. Details, dynamics and a wide soundstage are also characteristics that I am interested in, etc.

Thanks and Happy Listening.
bigkidz

Showing 1 response by moemoney

I have to disagree with you RP1 I had the Tri-Vista SACD player in my system for about 4 months, then traded it for the 390s, and minutes after connecting it I realized that I made a BIG mistake. The 390s Compared to the Tri-vista sounded cold and etched in the highs, and had me waiting for it to warm up. To my ears the 390s just could not give the soundstage that the tri-vista gave, nor could it image as good. I guest what I’m trying to say is the tri-vista is more musical and more analog sounding to my ears. I kept the 390s for 5 months, sold it, and picked up another Tri-Vista SACD Player, and even though my system now, doesn’t as cool as it did with the 390s in the picture, it sure sound more musical, and I can play it much louder.
I guest what I’m also trying to say is that from what I have read about the AA Capitole, it can’t sound too much difference from the Tri-Vista since they are both tube players