Wadia 850 repair? Suggested replacement?

Hello,
I have a Wadia 850CDP I have owned since around 97-98 (I think). About 5 years ago it developed a problem with the loading mechanism and a CD got stuck. Wadia was able to repair and all was okay till about 2 weeks ago. Now there's a grinding sound when the drawer opens and as it reads the CD and now it will occasionally skip. I have contacted Wadia (now ARC owns them) and I'm told they no longer support it :-(
Does anyone know of a place that might be able to fix it? Preferably in the NYC area. If my fear is realized and it can no longer be repaired, what do you guys suggest as a replacement? Preferably under $5k. TIA and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!
jcatral14

Showing 5 responses by ptss

Why not just by a new OPPO 203 or 205 or a 105D? The sound will be better than your old Wadia;which you obviously bought for sound;plus it will give you all the new options to enjoy music. Just dump that old brick. Cheers. Pete
Dear George,
Have you made the comparison?
From the forcefullness of your comment I most sincerely 'doubt' it.
By the way I "assume" anyone listening or looking at the OPPO knows enough to use an "Isolation" device, ie Furman P-2400 IT or Equitech 1Q ahead of it. I'll bet you thousands,of dough-nuts, that the Oppo,in such a set, Blows away the old Wadia--even though it was great--way back then. 
Come back buddy.10-4. Pete
True,I was making statements from assumptions....Benny Hill would have chided me for that. I had listened to later Wadia's,about 5 years ago and was very impressed. I didn't think 16 year old technology was as good as you know it to be. I was just teasing George. Not too nicely I take it. I'll improve for 2017 !