Wadia 781i CD Palyer Repair Problem- Worst Service

I bought a Wadia 781i CD Player from the dealer in 2012. It has very limited use. All the sudden, it could not read any CD. When I put the CD in, it always displays "Loading.." , and a moment later, it shows "No Disc".

I called and emailed Wadia. It came to my surprise and big disappointment. Wadia replied :“A failure to read the Cd in a 781 indicates a problem with the CD drive mechanism. Unfortunately the CD drive mechanism in the W781 is no longer made by the vendor. As a result, Wadia Digital is out of parts and cannot offer repair for your W781. “
Wadia did not offer can solution.

Perhaps, Wadia is the worst company in audio industry I have encountered in decades that has such poor commitment to its customers.

Another word, whoever is going to buy stuffs from Wadia may need to include Wadia's service issue into consideration.

Wadia 781i is not a cheap CD player. I hate to see the money is ruined in such stupid way. I would like to ask help to see if anyone in our Audiogon knows any third-party service company/person I can turn to for the repair of this Wadia 781i CD player!!
Thank you in advance.
acoustichow

Showing 1 response by aolmrd1241

The big reason I sold my Wadia 861se was just what this thread is all about...lack of service and parts replacment. Time waits for no one... Good luck Acoustichow.