Wadia 581i using as a pre any good

I am in the market for a new player and this unit has peaked my interest mainly because being able to remove a pre-amp out of my set-up. This is a second system so I only have two sources, the actual cd source and a McIntosh 300 Music Server that I make use of for back ground music which could be connected into the Wadia via digital. This would be a very simple set-up but my concern is what am I going to loose in sound quality over all doing this. I have experimented in the past with other units and have always gone back to using a good pre. usually tube.

I am after the best sound possible over all, stage, dynamics,vocals, holographic presence and I can go on.

What I seem to mainly loose when not using a good pre is that feeling of a actual holographic presence with body and flesh tone which just involves me.

Presently in this set-up is a ARC Ref3 pre, ARC cd3 MK2, McIntosh 300, McIntosh 501 mono blocks, Eggleston Andra 2 speakers, cable Virtual Dynamics balanced.

I do have coming a Supratek Sauvigon line stage which I have been told is suppose to be better than the ARC Ref3 pre.in many ways, I will find out for myself if it's all hype or an actual fact.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
dev

Showing 1 response by tbg

Dev, why don't you get off your butt and go hear one? There is no reason for Roger to answer your ill-conceived questions.