wadia 581, accuphase dp75, aero capital mkII, Mbl

I'm looking for a new CD player to replace my ayre cx7. In my system the ayre sounds a bit forward and cold, and am looking for more of a warm analogue like sound. Anyone familiar with the relative "sound" of accuphase, wadia, aero, and mbl? These seem to be all highly regarded players, but I'm wondering which will give me the sound I want while preserving nuance, soundstage, imaging and bass which are very important to me. Any thoughts? Thanks
tcheathertree

Showing 1 response by dazzdax

Hi, the AMR might be a very impressive piece of gear, but does it also sound musical? A unit that consists of a collection of the best components that can be had is not necessarily a musical sounding unit. More important factors are choice of components (not necessarily the best components in the world) and the implementation of technology. How about reliability and availability of spare parts for now and in the future? Have you auditioned the unit and compared it to other top flight CD-players like the Reimyo or Esoteric? Btw, does it sound "analog-like"?

Chris