Wadia 121 Ground Loop Hum

I have a ground loop hum in my system that seems to be caused by my Wadia 121. If I physically apply pressure to the power supply input and the usb input cables the hum will go away (it also it not present if I throw my dac magic in with this system to replace the wadia). I am assuming that I need to send the unit in for servicing. Does it sound like I am on the right track, or are there any other diagnostics that I should try before contacting Wadia?

Thanks,
Jim
jdstrawn
Sounds like a bad cold solder joint connection on the signal ground connection of the RCA jack.
Thanks for your responses.

I started over yesterday am.. pulled everything off, added back one by one (like I should have in the first place). I was then able to localize the issue to the single ended cd input on my VSI 60. If I switch to another input the hum goes away.

I guess that I'll be contacting Audio Research to see about a repair.

Thanks again!
Jim
If I physically apply pressure to the power supply input and the usb input cables the hum will go away

By pressure do you mean a physical movement pressure or do you mean a physical touching pressure with your fingers to the metal outer shells of the two connectors thereby your fingers/hand working as a connecting conductor between the two connectors?