VTL TL7.5 series lll VS VAC Master Line Stage VS AR Ref 6 VS Nagra Classic Preamp

I'm putting up a new thread about some of the best tube preamps out there.
My future system will consist to begin with of a stereo amp or monoblocks, a preamp, a DAC and a separate streamer, later on will come phono stage + turntable.
This system will be driving a pair of Thiel CS 3.7s and a pair of CS 7.2s.
If i don't go the hybrids route with either Ypsilon or Aesthetix i will probably choose d'Agostino amps.
Therefore since i'm using Thiel speakers i would like to have some tubes somewhere in the chain.
With ss amp i would use a tube preamp.
Which of these preamps do you thing will give best results with very good ss amps like the D'agostinos ?
You can suggest other tube preamps if you have other ideas in the same league as these.
Thanks.

128x128thieliste

@kmmd I'll be curious to hear about your impression adding the Coda versus the Pass amp. Because both the 250.8 and Coda 16 are on my shortlists for amp upgrades.

I have the VTL 6.5 III for the tubes and the high number of inputs including two tape monitors.  The stock tubes were SHOUTY.  I have not tried the Amperex, but NOS or lightly used and matched Mullards are quite nice.

Y'all be safe,

Robert

@christianb5s4

My Coda 16 was delivered 5 hours ago, and I’ve been listening to it for the past 3 hours or so. Simply said, get the Coda. What everyone says about it here on the Audiogon forums or What’s Best is true. It is one stunning amp in every way.

Happy listening! I know I am.

@kmmd That amp is on my very short list, there's one listed that's tempting me greatly. Keep me posted if you wouldn't mind!

@christianb5s4

Today is my second day with this amp. I have to work later today but got up early to listen to the amp in my system.

The Coda is an unbelievable amp. I have it plugged into my Shunyata Everest conditioner, and I’ve had zero noise ever since I’ve owned the Everest. The Coda is extremely revealing, dynamic and transparent with excellent extension. It results in clarity and detail of everything. Transients are quick. Midbass is sharp, punchy and makes you feel it. (Sorry Maggie owners, you will never know what this is). It has authoritative control of bass, and my REL subs are deep and impactful. Everything sounds more organic and definitive. I wonder what the damping factor is of the Coda 16.

I listened to tracks by Lauren Daigle. Her song You Say revealed stage depth with echoes of her voice. Look Up Child revealed the thumpy in-your-chest midbass. Rihanna’s Lift Me Up is breathtaking. Her voice goes from a large center focus, up to the ceiling and off to the sides way past the speakers. Eva Cassidy’s album Nightbird gives you goosebumps. The dispersion is immense and limitless. Voices in all songs just project and disperse. The sound is deep, high and wide resulting in an immense soundstage. There are no speakers lol.  How is this possible from my YG Acoustics Carmel 2’s which are only about 40 inches tall?

Please don’t get me wrong, the Pass Labs X250.8 is a special amp too. It is warmer and will work well with many systems. The Coda 16, with its Class A efficiency up to 100w x 2, is in a different league. The Coda runs warm and not hot too. I’m happy to own both of them and will never let either one of them go.