VTL TL2.5 Preamp

Can anyone shed any light on this tube pre-amp, I'm considering one? I never considered tube "anything" before, but did like the sound very much. Matched with a SS amp.
adman227

Showing 2 responses by jc51373

I used to have the 2.5 about 6 years ago, and I did the same thing, came from Rotel equipment. I remember the difference was astounding. This is an excellent step for you from where you were with Rotel, and it takes you in a completely different direction-in a good way. I eventually upgraded to the 5.5 brand new, which I have now and I couldn't be happier with it, well thats not completely true...I would be happier with a 6.5.

Enjoy this preamp, it is (as others have mentioned) an excellent bargain, and lots and lots of fun to own. I would disagree though with someone saying the difference between 2.5 and 5.5 is not worth the $$-it is The Caps are totally different and both pieces sound very different. A 2.5 is an excellent value and maybe best sounding in its class, a 5.5 on the other hand, can be the last Preamp you will ever need to own. Working in steps is the best thing to do and you made a great choice for this step. Enjoy!