VTL Siefried vs Audio Research 610T

Hello, What are you thoughts on these two amps? I'm looking to purchase a pair of one of them. The speakers are Wilson Maxx II's.

VTL's price was raised to 50k for these amps so that might not them out of the running.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

THanks,
jon_p

Showing 2 responses by samuel

I own the Maxx 2/210's/Ref 3/CD7 combination within a custom-built room and am very pleased with the results. No question the 610's would be a dream upgrade within that system. I think at this level, component matching within the same line almost _always_ makes the most sense, especially between pre and amps. I seem to recall Wilson also having a pair of the 610's and absolutely raving about them. As with all successful manufacturers of speakers, Dave and the guys at Wilson always have a variety of electronics on hand at any given time.

With regards to service rep at VTL, I think that is an unfortunate tag from long ago. Since Luke and Bea took over, their service commitment seems exemplary and the electronics are all first rate.
Elberoth2,
With regards to the original thread question and my answer, my affiliation had _nothing_ to do with my opinion. I simply shared first hand experiences that were in no way related to our business. In threads involving our products, I contribute merely to correct misstated facts or false assumptions, and _always_ announce my position. Your comment implies some furtive motive or thread sabotage. I can't imagine why you saw that as somehow relevant enough to bring up here.