VTL MB300 Delux modded vs MB450's

So here's my issues.

I have a friend that is willing to sell me his MB450's that have the signature transformers, etc and all that jazz for about 600 bucks more than what I could get for my MB300 deluxes.

My amps had all the mods done, sig transformers, B+ fuse, etc and the only thing needing replacement would be the binding post as they could be a bit better.

I'm not really sure if its worth the upgrade to the MB450's as from what I know there wasn't much of a change.

I'm going to be buying his SoundLab M3 speakers from him as well and this is what they would be running.

I do have a BAT VK31 which is a fully balanced pre. The biggest thing is my amps are not fully balanced but I do think the 450's are. Do you guys think it would be worth the 600 bucks to upgrade or what are you impressions? The 450's are newer than my 300's but I'm still torn if I would even want to sell the 300's as I really do love them and could probably put them in a 2nd system.
bighead63

Showing 1 response by steveaudio

These are the "original" MB450's from the '90's, & not the newer series II or III? (I can't get used to the new, "modern" look of VTL gear, I liked that old, funky, industrial look). Also, do you have a definite buyer for your MB300's? Selling giant tube amps is not always the easiest.

Also, have you called VTL to ask your question? Bea is (or was, when I owned VTL gear), a great person to ask about any VTL issues.