VTL MB-450 - Does isolation improve performance?

Hello. I just bought VTL MB-450s. I am very pleased with them. A dealer recommended that I put them on Black Diamond Racing "Source" shelves for $700 each. Another dealer recommended that I use Mapleshade's Maple boards with brass cone points/isoblocks. Have any of you had any experience with these products?
stkbrkr1c60a
if i were dealer i'd offer shelves for $1500 each to make more profit.
i guess it's more of fasion than performance takes place in that case just like buying sneakers for $600.
Isolation usually helps tube amps. I have my BAT VK75se on Symposium rollerblocks and fat padz. Helps a ton. I'd be hesitant on $700 each for something like this...but I have to say the isolation helps as much as a $1000 power cord...

You can always go to Bed-Bath & beyond, pick up a heavy and thick maple cutting board (like 3 inches or so), put some brass cones underneath to pierce the carpet (if on) and BDR cones in between the amp and maple board. Maybe $100 each to try out...
have always had Granite slabs under mine never actually listened without it but experience with others have shown isolation does help example diy bright star sand boxes help the sound quite a bit on Conrad Johnson premier 8 amps didn't make it sound slow either like I thought it might.
I posted this in the Misc fourm. Give it a try you wont be sorry i wasnt!!!I just recently purchased eight of these isolation feet to go on your own isolation base. I have Manley tube mono blocks, which I recently bought, and for obvious reasons, they would not fit in the stereo stand. I was looking at mono block amp stands and was surprised by the various price amp stands ranged. I've tried a few amp stands out, the cheaper ones, Target as an example, and some of the higher priced ones. After researching and trial and error, I came across these Isofeet. I was informed how to make the base, which cost around $40 at Home Depot for both types of wood, and then bought the Isofeet to attach to them. I am not one for doing reviews, or plugging any product for that matter, but I must say, these things with the bass are awesome. These isofeet are the best isolation device that I've tried. And the beauty of it, is I made them myself (except the feet)!. The base only took me 15 minutes to make. When I first received the Isofeet, I was extremely surprised by their simplicity, and kind of wonder what I had just purchased. But after applying them with the base I made, I must say these are the best amp stands that I have ever had or listened to. I can crank my system where you feel the bass in your chest and walk over to the amp's, which I have many times, and touch them and feel nothing. I've tried this with the other stands that I've had and always felt some vibration on the equipment. These stands I built have no vibration at all when these were incorporated in the system. Point being, it's amazing how you can spend thousands of dollars on a product and then spend less than $200 and it equals if not betters the thousand per dollar product. Price to performance ratio. If you ever have an opportunity to try these Isofeet I don't believe you'll be disappointed. They may look simplistic, but they sound great. I didn't believe it until I tried them.
Before you spend $700 on a BDR why don't you try some HAL-O tube dampers first. They are cheap and might surprise you.
My experience has been that, particularly with tubed equipment, isolation does make a difference in performance, not earthshaking (unless the earth in your listening room is shaking!), but noticeable in terms of better image focus and detail retrieval. In my case, I have had better results using devices that try to isolate the tubed amp from its environment (KWorks IsobaseKs and the IsoFeet Btstrg refers to) rather than tip-toes, cones, spikes or points which channel energy away from, but also to some extent back to, the amp. Racks and platforms, such as the Symposium shelves, Seismic Sinks and the amp stands Btstrg made, are effective as well if they can both drain away/damp the vibrations from the amp itself and isolate the amps from the vibrations coming up from the surface on which they sit. All of these items, and the items mentioned by others above, will affect the sound you hear to some extent; whether you like the changes effected, and how much you want to spend to get that last bit of performance, is your call.