VTL 300 Deluxe monoblocks

Could anyone recommend someone that could work on VTL 300 Deluxe? They are currently working. I power them up with a variac so the caps don’t blow. However, they should be updated with new caps, internal wiring, etc. I don’t feel competent to DIY this,
so am looking for a professional. BTW, VTL will no longer do work on them. I guess they want me to go buy one of their newer models.
pembroke404

Showing 4 responses by oddiofyl

I think I’ve said many times how horrible VTL service is. Count your blessings that you don’t have to ship two huge amps to them

They will extort as much money as they can from you. Find a competent local tech

McIntosh, Conrad Johnson, Bryston,  Magnum Dynalab , and many others fix their products for as long as they can .   McIntosh will restore your vintage amp.

Parts Connexion restores 30 year old gear that has been long out of production.    VTL does everything in house , no excuse not to repair your beloved amps.  

The kind of money VTL charges should come with the courtesy of service long after the sale.   
Hopefully it’s something a local tech can pinpoint and fix easily 

Good luck 
I have dealt with Bea.  She and Luke Manley are truly horrible people.    Worst company I have dealt with in my 54 years on this planet