VPI Scout to Michell Orbe SE

So what could I expect if I trade in my VPI Scout for a Michell Orbe with a Michell Techno arm. I will keep my cart. For the rest of my set see "system".

How does a stock VPI Scout Compare to a Michell Orbe? I know the Michell is more expensive but is it also better?
To be 100% honest, I can get a decent deal on a 2nd hand Orbe SE and I think it is such a beautiful turntable. But I don't what to buy it just for the looks. So can anyone give me some advise?
mordante

Showing 2 responses by scar972

Michell Orbe and Gyrodec sounds very much different from each other. The Orbe sounds noticably darker due to the denso damp that Michell applies and the thicker platter. The Gyrodec sounds lighter, slightly faster.
I wouldn't say the Orbe is head and shoulders better than Gyro, it just a different sound. I know a few who prefers the Gyro sound.
A few over at vinyl asylum prefers the thinner platter Gyrodec to the Orbe, but yes, majority do prefer Orbe. I had a Gyro SE and have gone through the process of upgrading it up to Orbe level and just giving you my honest opinion. It's not aways a higher model component will outperform a lower priced model, it all depends on taste (and type of music) of the individual with the two model sounding so different.
Nolitan, I agree...the Raven One is an excellent table.