VPI or Pro-ject

Hi
I'm looking at getting a new turntable and considering either a Pro-ject or VPI.
I had a Rega P3 and just sold it.

I'm looking at possibly the VPI Prime or Pro-ject Extension 10.
I use a Devialet 200 for the rest of the duties.

I'm no expert in turntables so I'm seeking advice. I'm open to other models in either of these two brands but those examples are about how much I want to spend.

Advice please, thanks, Bill
mr_bill

Showing 1 response by adg101

Very happy with my Pro Ject Extension 10. Not heard the others in my system but I'd bet all great tables. The Extension 10 is a very impressive and solid built table. Anyone who thinks less hasn't probably seen or heard one in person. I think Fremer did a review on it which is pretty dead on. Solid performer that delivers far beyond its price. I'm using a Parks Audio Budgie PP and granted it's not a mega buck PP but the Pro Ject still sounds fabulous and I dare say the Budgie is a great piece as well but not up to the Pro Ject. Only complaint is the finger lift stinks so you have to use the cue which I still don't have any regrets. Great table. Good luck dragging one home to demo as it is a heavy beast. There's not much press out there so I bet you can pick one up at a great price; isn't there a dealer selling one here at a nice price?  Also if you want to upgrade the cable you have to pull the arm to get to the DIN connector, but still not a big deal. Good luck.