VPI hw19jr Audioquest PT-8 arm G-ring 1042 cart

My previous table was a Kab Technics w/ damper, Cardas, etc and I am waiting delivery of the VPI. With a budget of around $200-250 what would be a good phono cable for this to my CJ pre amp? Also what type of alignment tool would you reccommend for this? And finally, Am I going to be happy with this in comparison to my previous table?
zenblaster

Showing 2 responses by mofimadness

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the differencies between the two tables, once you have a chance to compare. I have read and read and read, on this forum, about the Technics until I'm ready to puke. I just can't believe that this table can compete with the other tables out there.

As for cartridges, I really like the Audio Technica AT150MLX.
Sorry, if I could read I would have answered your question about a phono CABLE, (I read it as phono CARTRIDGE).

Signal Cable makes a damn good cable for around $180 new. I saw a used Kimber TAC on Audiogon for around $180. Audioquest makes the Wildcat for $75.00 new, I'm actually using this cable on a PT9 and it does an excellent job.

Everyone has said marvelous things about the MintLP for alignment, I haven't yet tried one. I still really like my Dennison SoundTractor that I've had forever. I am going to order a MintLP.

Hope that helps some.