VPI Classic 3 vs Basis 2200

Hi,

I currently have a classic 3 with a Dynavector XV1-S, which I'm enjoying but am also open to an upgrade. I was told that the Basis 2200 is a huge step up. Any insights and opinions based on direct experience will be really appreciated.

Cheers
128x128moryoga

Showing 3 responses by pops

Lots of fine sounding tables out there - I have only owned Basis in my vinyl reincarnation. I have heard many great tables at shows but that must be taken with a grain of salt versus played in your own system. I just think in general vinyl sounds so much better - I can tell within seconds if it is digi or vinyl when I walk in a room.

I was fortunate, my dealer started me out with a Basis 1400 sig that knocked me out of digital forever...or at least the last several years.

I upgraded to the 2200 sig and can't imagine buying another table. It is a music maker. AJ at basis offers terrific support.
Moryoga I have heard the synchro-wave makes a huge difference but this comes from a basis dealer and also AJ....I know it is expensive - I have been a little reluctant to add one to my 2200....perhaps I am being cynical but I can't grasp getting that much more for that investment.
Congratulations Moryoga - the 2200 will give you many years of enjoyment! I know it has been that way for me!