Vpi 3d Tonearm - Counterweight fitment

Question for anybody that owns a turntable with one of the 3d arms.

How well does the counterweight fit?

I have an issue... But not sure if it is an issue. The diameter of the hole on the counterweight is almost 2mm larger that the outside diameter of the back of the Tonearm. This means that the fitment of the counterweight is very loose since there is literally a 1mm gap all the way around. This makes setting tracking force and azimuth almost impossible.

The thumbscrew they included is useless, since you really have to crank it down through the insert just to make contact with the Tonearm.

Vpi sent me another counterweight but it is identical, same issue. Their solution was to send me a set screw with an Allen wrench so I can get more leverage to crank the screw down....

At this price point I'm having a hard time accepting this as a solution. Wondering if this is how these things are supposed to fit?
128x128sydbar81
Measured with a caliper... Comment above overstated the gap a bit but still showing just shy of a mm or just over 1/32" variance. 
If this is a new table the tolerances are unacceptable, ask for a new arm or buy a SL1200G like I did and didn't look back
@jtsnead, that is exactly what I did too! It sounds better as well.  No more fiddling, just musical bliss.
I'm hoping vpi responds, this is a brand new table bought direct from them and this I the first modern table I've ever owned.

I parted ways with a yp-d71 and then a gt-2000 because I was afraid of failure and being unable to obtain parts. I'm beginning to regret that decision.