Vote for the Best Preamp: Audion, Jadis, ARC or CJ

Dear all

I would like to have your opinion on these tube preamps. Which one would you get for you? Again, my power amp is the Plinius SA-102 (and I do not need a phono section).

1. Audion 0.5 (new)/Audion Premier Line (new). Audion became famous for their outstanding Premier Quattro preamp. Now they are manufacturing a friendly priced line preamp: the 0.5 (I can get it for a very good price) that meanwhile was replaced by the Premier Line (nice price also). I am quite curious about these.

2. Jadis DPL2 (new). Jadis has a very good reputation among audiophiles. This Jadis preamp is less expensive than usual. But I found no on-line information (reviews, threads, etc.).

3. Audio Research LS8 (used, 1997)/Audio Research LS7 (used, 1998). Lots of people feel that classic ARC preamps are still the way to go for. And also that they match pretty weel Plinius power amps. I can get one of these two for a fair price as well.

4. Conrad Johnson PV10A (used, 1997). Some like it. Some don't.

At this point, I feel that Audion or Jadis (either new) are the best choices. Are they? Tell me ALL about it. Thanks.

Best,
Tejo
tejo5a2c

Showing 1 response by kana813

Look for a used Sonic Frontiers Line 2 or 3 and go with balanced cables between the preamp & amp.