VMPS QSO 626 Ribbon Versus Josephs/ Tylers

Well, after many fantastic suggestions (many unfortunately out of my range even on the used market), at my price point (< $2,000), room size (Med.), amplification (Hybrid 80W), and listening style (predominantly jazz, but covers the waterfront), I had settled on the following monitors:

• Joseph Audio RM7 si Sig MK II's (new)
• Tyler Linbrook Monitors (used)

Then a fellow audiophile suggested VMPS QSO 626
Ribbons. Does anyone have any experience with these, and how do they rate relative to the above. How would you rank the three relative to each other (1st/2nd/3rd). And lastly, recalling the price point, any last pitches for another brand i.e. Faber/ Greenmountain. Thank you so much, you input has been very helpful. - Kahana
kahana

Showing 1 response by tellefsen

I have heard the Europa's at Green Mountain and I have also owned a pair of his Imago speakers. The Europa's are amazing and I am planning on getting a pair for a second system as I am getting a pair of his latest Coniunuum 3 for my main system. Most all other speakers I have listened to sound veiled or confused as I have become accustom to hearing time and phase coherent designs that minimize cabinet reflections and use simple first order crossovers.