Vinyl or wait for the new stuff??

I was wondering whether to dive into the world of Vinyl or wait for the new format to settle. You see, I have not listened to vinyl for more than 20 years now. I have all rated A equipment and cables and good collection of Audiophile and not so Audiophile CD. Recently I have been thinking of taking a dive into the world of Vinyl. However, knowing myself, I will not be satisfied unless I get some highend stuff which will cost me some serious amount of money. Not to mention that I have to start my collection of software. So my question here for you guys who want to help. Shall I make the move or just wait for the SACD/DVDA ? your input would be much appreciated.
myoussif
I just recently began to sort/archive my 400+ vinyl's, and find it quite stimulating to revisit my formative years. (more like hell-raising)

Tough decision, as I am also at that crossroads of having a good mix of CD and LP material. Personally, I am just filling in the gaps on my "favorites" list, and replacing those that are no longer "playable".

You may also want to consider finding those vinyl products that ARE NOT available on disc.
Vinyl is just a ton of fun to mess with, from collecting, listening to perfecting the system. I could not live without it now. It can be expensive, but for $2,000 - $3,000 you can get yourself a very respectable and satisfying rig.
Vinyl is still king when it comes to ultimate realism. Once you experience a proper setup tailored to your system you will wonder how you lived without it all these years! Happy hunting!
I still think that vinyl is more relaxing than digital, if you stick to 1982 or earlier commercial lp's. Relaxation is definitly one reason we listen to music.