Vinyl or wait for the new stuff??

I was wondering whether to dive into the world of Vinyl or wait for the new format to settle. You see, I have not listened to vinyl for more than 20 years now. I have all rated A equipment and cables and good collection of Audiophile and not so Audiophile CD. Recently I have been thinking of taking a dive into the world of Vinyl. However, knowing myself, I will not be satisfied unless I get some highend stuff which will cost me some serious amount of money. Not to mention that I have to start my collection of software. So my question here for you guys who want to help. Shall I make the move or just wait for the SACD/DVDA ? your input would be much appreciated.
myoussif
Siddh, thank you, but I think I just wait for the new formate. enjoy your LPs and thanks once again. Mohamed
As part of the younger generation (I'm 20) I've spent most of my life with digital. I've put together a wonderful system with a Levinson digital front end. I must admit I thought I was in sonic nirvana until curiousity got the best of me and I got out my mothers old Dual TT and bought a cheap NAD phono pre. While my analog setup is hardly resolving compared to what I'm used to, there's just something there that's just right. It was because of this that I asked the question, vinyl or SACD? I have yet to audition SACD because alot of the dealers whom I have yet to make a major purchase from don't think it's worth thier time to demo equipment to a "kid." Alas, if I had the money I'd jump into vinyl, but I don't. The new formats seem promising from what I hear (from others). I think I'll just wait and see how they turn out.
The sound quality of vinyl is never going to happen with digital,but the commitment must be there to get involved with vinyl,I did and will probably sell all of my vinyl related equiptment.
I bought a ten-year old Ariston RD-90 turntable, a Benz-Micro Silver cartridge and an Audiomat Phono 1 phono amp - total cost in USD was about $2,000. The sound is so rich, so musical by comparison with even very good cds on a very good cd system. It also opened up a whole new area of enjoyment: shopping for old records. It's great to find a real gem for a few dollars at a used record store or yard sale which makes the latest cd sound, well, just a bit thin.
Vinyl has the ability to suck you into a performance in a way that digital can only roughly immitate. Because many of the best ever made records were made years ago. The wait to experience them seems very unwise. I am very fortunate and have many of these captured works of art. Once experienced with their limitless soundstages packed with the emotion and feeling of the performers. It comes much closer to being there and feeling the real presence of the performers than digital. With a properly setup quality table, arm, and cartridge combination you become transported into a new world free of record noise and the constant reminder that digital isn't giving more that just a sample of the promise of a real musical experience. Vinyl is well worth the effort. When you love music as I do. What other options are their?