Vinyl guy seeking recommendation for a top level cd player

I know cds are dead.  Best time to buy a cd player, the way it looks.  I want an all in one box.  I don't stream so a separate DAC is not required.  Most of my cd collection have been ripped to a PC as Flac files and then down loaded to a Sony HAP-Z1ES.  Currently about 3000 Redbook and perhaps 100 SACDs.  The way cds are being dumped I figure on becoming a buyer again so these numbers will go up.  I have looked at Marantz SA10, Esoteric K1 (lightly used), and Luxman D-10X, so far.  It would be good if the sound could approach vinyl.  The Z1 does up to a point.  Listening this morning to the same recordings, the Z1 compares to a high end MM cartridge, but not to a SoundSmith Experion.  Maybe I am asking too much, but in any event a new cd player is being sought.  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Bill
billstevenson
PS audio SACD transport + their Directstream DAC. ‘Nuff said. Check out their website. 
I have both and they reveal details I’d never heard. 
All of those are good considerations but do not forget accuphase and i you can find one in good working order try a classic wadia or go out of your way to hear one at least.
This thread has been extremely helpful.  Thank you all.  I ordered a Luxman D10X today and I did so with confidence that would not have been possible without the input from this discussion.
Bill congratulations, I don’t think you can go wrong with the Luxman D10 x. Updates us when you receive it.Agree the thread went on the right directions.. 
Congratulations on the purchase! Once settled in, please follow up with your impressions of the unit.