Vinyl from Barnes & Noble

Last week I used a Christmas gift card to purchase an LP there. 180 gm , pressed at RTI, new 25th anniversary  remaster.... The album was wrapped in a baggy crinkly plastic. Inside that was the typical vinyl sleeve, which was not sealed. When I took the LP out I was amazed.... Filthy, covered in fingerprints with 2 very prominent scratches covering one entire side.. This was obviously not virgin vinyl. B & N of course returned it. The associate told me " you wouldn't believe  how often this happens ." ???!!!   I asked if it was company policy to repackage used items and sell them as new. He didn't answer that, instead merely insisting that this is a common occurrence. WTF!   Any one care to comment/ have similar experience?

winoguy17
I bought a Yo-Yo Ma LP Songs from the Arc of Life from B&N which had a free download sticker on the cover. However, the download didn't work and when I contacted B&N they insisted that the album could not have had the download sticker and that they didn't want anything to do with it.  The album also had a lot of crackle and pops - that kind of explains things. I'll never buy anything from those scheisters again.
That sucks.  My son and I had countless experiences like that with Amazon.  In fact, we don't buy new albums or albums advertised as new anymore from Amazon.  Better to buy from actual record stores.  Fortunately we have enough here.

Ray
Just a little off topic,I purchased a CD from B&N,was a great price and I was quite happy until it showed up .B&N farmed out the order to a book store in Indiana,they sent me a copy from (remember the old record clubs) like 10 for 5 cents-rca record club deal, then the next 3 or 5 were over priced.This is what they shipped me,I had a real copy to compare.Manufactured under license copy's do not sound even close to real copy's.I would never buy from B&N again,cd or lp.
Update for anyone who cares:  yesterday I returned to B&N and went back to the vinyl. The same album I returned was sitting in the bin! It wasn't sealed, just had a plastic slip cover on it. I took the album out to check: , filthy,scratched and covered in finger prints, definitely the one I had returned Buyer beware.

It’s cheaper here, I have no idea how it sounds but that’s at least only $20 an LP with some freaking custom rings of the band members and a whole bunch of other crazy s*** for feee basically. At least that’s what I’d tell my wife. But one thing I can do go for Barnes and Noble Price Match as it allows us to do a price adjustment.