vintage turntables

If you were buying a vintage turntable,belt or direct drive,which would you consider at $200 or less?Hope I'm not being too vague?
john421

Showing 13 responses by john421

Found in most cases the cartridge/stylus is bad.They usually need just a good cleaning.Using vintage nad 3020 as pre and hafler 220 as an amp.
Buy a new one I would think???A decent cartridge is $100.Have no idea where you got amp and TT mixed up Paraneer?
Have heard mostly good,but a little bad about the U-turn tables.Also on Craigslist a man makes tables for sale in Maryland.Yes the Nad is a good table.
Got a Technics sl-d3 with a AT cart and Pioneer pd-530 with a pickering cart that where lost thanks to Hurricane Sandy while living on Long Island.Cleaned them up and never had problems.Got both under $20.
See it can be done. The Storm washed away those table s so I wanna find another nice vintage table.Just seeing what is a good option!
Have a chance to purchase a harmon/kardon t25 for $30.Read these T series of tables are overlooked and can be upgraded fairly easy.
If I want to use a different cartridge what's a good choice?Heard good things about the 2M Red.
Duals,Technics,Pioneers?See lots of AR's,Thorens and such that even in bad condition they want lots of money and you still have to spend big money to fix them.The record comeback has made TT sky high!
Purchased a Technics SL-D202 for $25.Will use a Hafler DH-220 and NAD 3020 Series 20 as my preamp and phono stage.Good cartridge for this system under $100?Listen to R&B,soul,jazz and rock as in Eagles and Clapton.
Got a Technics SL-D202 that works and looks good for $25.Needs a cartridge though.