Vintage NAD 3080

Hard to find much information about this vintage NAP integrated. Thinking of using this to drive a pair of newly acquired Von Schweikert VR-1's. Anybody have any thoughts on how this system may work, given that I'm using them in a small bedroom in a nearfield setup? The VR-1 as I am hearing them are somewhat lean and bright, so I would like an integrated that would smooth that out some. I can pick up the NAD 3080 for $219 at a local hi-fi retailer, which seems like a reasonable price, but I am just wary of using such an old amp. For a budget of $500, would you guys just recommend that I forgo the 3080 and invest it in a used NAD 320CBEE or perhaps even a Jolida hybrid integrated?
josephyang

Showing 1 response by array1138

I had a 3080 when I sold for Leonard Radio, a hifi supplier in NY during the 80's. I used it to drive a pair of Lentek L7's a Brit monitor so good that the first time my girl and I played The Wall and the baby sounds went on we both checked on her baby, because the bedroom was behind the stereo and we both thought she had awakened. It was a great combination and if I found a used one today I would get it for old time's sake, if only just to see how it compares with my current gear, especially my Mac 1900, and then resell it. Great memories.
Be Well, Be Kind.
Ray